About Pressley Ridge
We feel strongly that throughout our 190-year organizational history, our vision and our mission are very much aligned with the mission, values, and goals of the Texas community-based care initiative.
Pressley Ridge has a long and distinguished history of serving children and families across the country. This extensive history of providing community-based services has expanded the scope and range of services geographically within and outside Pennsylvania. Pressley Ridge currently cares for almost 9,000 children annually through Family Preservation and Stabilizations Programs, Residential Treatment, Foster Care and Treatment Foster Care Connections, Community Based Programs and Educational opportunities.
With over 70 programs in Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Ohio, Virginia, and West Virginia. Pressley Ridge delivers vitally needed individualized services to children, biological and adoptive, who have been abused, neglected, or diagnosed with serious mental and emotional illnesses. Children and families involved in the child welfare system are being served in programs across Pressley Ridge’s continuum of care, and Pressley Ridge staff members are well versed in partnering with the child welfare system on behalf of families.
Our treatment foster care preservice training curriculum has been deemed an evidence-based training by the California Clearinghouse. Nearly 170 organizations representing 31 states and Canada use our preservice training that is valuable to all foster parents, resource homes and kinship placements.
We are a member of the Texas Alliance for Children and Families. We have actively participated in state conferences, trainings, member conference calls to keep abreast of all the issues in child welfare in Texas.
Pressley Ridge is committed to truly making a difference in having an impact in the lives of children and families in this community. Our system of care is operated with emphasis on collaboration and transparency, guided by strong utilization management, enhanced through the integration of evidence-based strategies and practices, monitored through quality management practices and strengthened through comprehensive training.
We feel that we can offer the Deep East Region a quality child welfare provider that has empowered families, youth and individuals with hope, healing and happiness. Through our trauma-sensitive approach and family engagement model, Pressley Ridge’s goal is to create lifelong connections that results in a successful, happy life. Specifically, we feel can offer the State and the Region an organization with the following strengths:
- Our experience and longevity operating a diverse continuum of services in a quality manner for at risk youth and their families
- Our data driven, research-based, and results focus culture
- Our reputation as a thought leader an innovator in child welfare
- Our history of developing and providing cutting edge training to our staff and practitioners in over 30 states
- The depth of our administrative capacity and strong financial management capabilities
- Our history as a cross system partner and collaborator
- A deep understanding of the needs of the community
Our Model of Care
A continuum of care will be developed that develops interagency community partnerships and supports locally driven services that creates an ideal system of care. Our philosophy is grounded in community engagement, cross system partnerships, continuous quality improvement in the integration of evidence-based practices.
We will develop a robust local continuum of care that:
- Allows for children to remain in the least restrictive and home like environment and provide services that meets unique needs of every child and family and is child centered
- Develops a system of care that results in fewer placement moves and reduces his/her time in foster care
- Increase the capacity to serve children with the right services at the right time
- Increases the number of children who will remain in their home community and school of origin
- Supports a collaborative network of providers
- Utilizes best practices and evidence-based strategies and programs to address the needs of the youth and families
- Focuses on being a data driven organization that emphasizes quality
- Practices and decisions are grounded and cultural competency and to reduce disproportionality
- Uses technology and innovation to support the achievement of positive child and youth outcomes through real time, accessible and shared data
Values and Principles of Community Based Care
We are committed to providing the highest quality of services based on sound values and principles that will guide our policies and decision making.
- Safety is paramount and children should have well-being and permanency
- Children should have stability with first placement being the last placement
- Services should be family driven, youth guided and focused on maintaining children’s personal connections
- Youth are prepared to successfully transition to adulthood
- Services are delivered based on best practices and evidence-based approach
- Services are wraparound and community-based
- Work is trauma informed
- Case planning and services are individualized
- Placements are provided in the least restrictive setting
- Collaboration is the foundation of the SSCC and its network
Stay connected and receive updates about Pressley Ridge Texas – Family Care Network