Focus on Children is a four-hour seminar offered in Central PA by Pressley Ridge to help educate parents about the needs of children who are experiencing transition as the result of a custody action. Many participants are referred by the Court System; however, any interested parent may attend.
All seminars will be held virtually until further notice.
Focus on Children is led by two instructors with Masters degrees who are certified to teach the Transparenting materials used in the seminar.
Focus on Children is not a substitute for counseling or legal services. Advice or counsel for individual situations will not be given.
Case specific questions cannot be answered by Pressley Ridge staff. Certificates of participation will be provided at the end of the seminar.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- To see custody issues through the eyes of your child(ren)
- Guidelines for supportive and positive parenting
- Reactions and feelings of children to this transition at different developmental stages
- Ways to communicate effectively with your child(ren) and their other parent
HOW DO I REGISTER?
*A confirmation letter will be sent upon receipt of your registration and the registration is non-refundable.
- This seminar is for adults. Please do not have children present.
- Please have identification available at the beginning of the seminar.
- Sessions begin on time. No one is permitted 15 minutes after session has started.
- No video or audio-taping permitted.
- Breaks will be included during the seminar.
- A confirmation letter will be sent upon receipt of your registration and the registration is non-refundable. Pre-registration is required two weeks prior to the seminar to assure registration. Registrations are taken in the order in which they are received. Therefore, your first choice for seminar date may not be available. No walk-in registrations accepted.
Completed registration forms can be mailed with payment to:
141 E. Market Street
York, PA 17401
*Registrations are not accepted at the Lancaster General Wellness Center.