Focus on Children is a four-hour seminar offered by Pressley Ridge to help educate parents about the needs of children who are experiencing transition as the result of a custody action. Many participants are referred by the Lancaster County Court System, however any interested parent may attend.
Focus on Children is led by two people with Masters degrees who are certified to teach the Transparenting materials used in the seminar. Focus on Children is not a substitute for counseling or legal services. Advice or counsel for individual situations will not be given. Case specific questions cannot be answered by Pressley Ridge staff. Certificates of participation will be provided at the end of the seminar.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
HOW DO I REGISTER?
Pre-registration is required by the Tuesday prior to the seminar to assure registration. Registrations are taken in the order in which they are received and you may not be able to get your first choice for seminar dates. No walk-in registrations accepted.
*Registrations are not accepted at the Lancaster General Wellness Center.
- From Route 30 (East & West):
Take the Harrisburg Pike exit. Pass Park City on the right. Turn left at the 3rd light. Park in lot in front of building 2100.
- Harrisburg Pike (East from Landisville):
Turn right at 2100 Harrisburg Pike after passing Rohrerstown Rd.
- Harrisburg Pike (West from Lancaster):
Pass Park City on the right. Turn left at the 3rd light. Park in lot in front of building 2100.
This seminar is for adults. Please do not bring children.
- Please bring identification to the seminar.
- Sessions begin on time. No one is permitted to enter 15 minutes after session has started.
- Security is provided at all seminars. No weapons including guns, knives, and mace. No video or audio-taping permitted. You will be subject to search.
- A $10.00 fee is charged for rescheduling in case of non-attendance.
- Feel free to bring snacks and beverages. There are two 10 minute breaks.
Download the Focus on Children brochure by clicking here.
If you have additional questions, please contact Pressley Ridge at (717) 397-5241. If you would like to locate a seminar outside of the Lancaster area, please click here.
Lancaster Health Campus
(2nd Floor/Wellness Library)
2100 Harrisburg Pike
Lancaster, PA 17601
Phone: (717) 397-5241
Fax: (717) 397-2530