Pressley Ridge’s ability to deliver our critical mission is dependent upon our partners who provide us not only with monetary support but also with the items and services our kids and families need. With countless individuals, companies and groups aiding 55 programs in six states, we can’t possibly mention all of the good will being done on our behalf, but we can highlight just a few of our strongest supporters.
- In the fall, Pressley Ridge was the beneficiary of Whole Foods 5% Day. In all, more than $15,000 was donated to our programs from sales at all three Pittsburgh, PA locations.
- Barnes & Noble in Cranberry Twp., PA featured Pressley Ridge in their annual Holiday Book Drive. In addition to $800 in proceeds donated by the store, shoppers purchased more than 3,200 new books for our children – a store record for the Holiday Book Drive.
- Nationally, Mattress Firm is dedicated to creating hope and opportunities for children in foster care. In the past year, their Ticket to Dream Foundation has donated thousands of dollars, clothing, shoes, school supplies and toys for children in Delaware and Western PA.
- Once again, Epsilon Iota Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. was a staunch supporter of Pressley Ridge Delaware, purchasing and wrapping Angel Tree gifts for children in care. In total, chapter members have donated 700 gifts over the past four years.
- In Central PA, OWL Chiropractic in Lancaster adopted Pressley Ridge as their charity of choice, and in just four months, they have already donated more than $2,000, along with Angel Tree gifts for our kids. Nearby, The Melting Pot Harrisburg is in its third year of hosting charity dinners to benefit Pressley Ridge. And in York, restaurateur Athena Keares has consistently supported Angel Tree over the past five years.
- The holiday party for families in Cumberland, MD was made possible by contributions from Rehab First, Chessie Federal Credit Union, Cumberland American Legion, Scarpelli’s Funeral Home, Dr. Ryan Pensyl, Domino’s Pizza, Martin’s Grocery Store and Weis Grocery Store.
- Legacy Construction has been a great friend to our kids and families in Cleveland, OH, sponsoring events and providing no cost repairs to the local office.
- Mt. Healthy Hatcheries has been a tremendous partner to Pressley Ridge Cincinnati for more than five years, providing funding, sponsoring events and introducing others to our mission.
- Kappa Sigma Pi’s history of supporting Pressley Ridge and our youth in West Virginia spans more than three decades. The organization provides the 107-acre campus of our Laurel Park residential treatment program and has financed several major capital improvements over the years. Each year at the holidays, they also provide gifts for the youth.
- The Annie E. Casey Foundation works to improve the lives of America’s children and their families and has generously provided funding and gifts for foster children in the Baltimore, MD area for the past four holiday seasons.
We also want to thank the hundreds of others who have supported our kids and families in so many ways!