The Day School Pittsburgh/Career Development Center is an Approved Private School and Partial Hospitalization Program (Day School only) offering small class sizes with a high staff to student ratio.
Classroom teachers are certified in special education. Classrooms also have a behavior health specialist and home community liaison assigned to it. Our home community liaisons work closely with families, school districts, and other agencies (e.g., mental health, children and youth services, juvenile court) to help the youth be successful. Our Partial Hospital Classrooms have the support of mental health specialists and therapists. We provide an individualized, strength-based approach to academic, social/emotional and behavioral growth.
Our primary goal is to help students improve academically, socially/emotionally and behaviorally while in our care. As students identify and utilize coping skills learned in the program, students will reduce disruptive behaviors, develop healthy/positive relationships with others and successfully return to a less restrictive educational environment. The Day School Pittsburgh/Career Development Center will utilize evidence-based strategies to improve academic, social and behavioral progress.
Who Do We Serve?
- Students from kindergarten to age 21
- Students with Serious Emotional Disturbance (SED)
- Students with behavioral and mental health needs
- Differentiated Instruction
- Academic remediation
- Pre-vocational skill development
- Re-integration program
- Community-based learning
- Experiential education
- School-wide behavior management system
- Individualized positive behavior support plans
- Social Skills Instruction
- Aggression Replacement Training (Social Skills, Anger Control, Moral Reasoning)
- Collaborative Problem Solving
- Family-focused services
- Individual and Group Counseling
- Psychiatric consultation (Partial Hospitalization Program)
- Individual/Group/Family Therapy (Partial Hospitalization Program)