At Pressley Ridge School for the Deaf, students learn to do more, be more and achieve more, fulfilling our vision of preparing them for a lifetime of success.
Pressley Ridge School for the Deaf is a year-round Approved Private School with a residential component that serves students who are Deaf or hard of hearing and also identified as having behavioral or emotional need or are on the Autism Spectrum. Some students also have intellectual disabilities or are identified as having multiple disabilities.
A Communications-Focused Curriculum
Pressley Ridge School for the Deaf uses a developmental, trauma-informed approach to behavioral supports and emphasizes access to language and communication.
Our program challenges students to expand their language and communication skills, increase their academic achievement, reduce disruptive behaviors, learn and use replacement behaviors, develop coping skills, maintain positive relationships, and return to their public schools and home communities successfully.
Services provided include:
- Deaf/hard of hearing and emotional support and/or autism support special education educational placement
- Teachers certified in Deaf Education
- Education and residential staff members trained and experienced in working with Deaf children and young adults with social and emotional issues
- Psychiatric services, including medication management
- Curriculum & Transition Coordinator, Community Manager, and Community Support Specialists who plan and implement a wide range of experiences and activities including volunteering, work experiences, and community based instruction
- Home Community Liaisons who work closely with families, school districts and service providers to facilitate regular, successful home visits and the eventual return of residential students to their home and less restrictive educational environments
- Speech Language Therapist who is fluent in ASL and has experience with Deaf and hard of hearing students
- Academic and Psychological Testing
- Communication Assessments
- Re-Evaluation Reports
- PAES Lab (Practical Assessment Exploration System)
State of the Art
A brand new, state-of-the-art facility opened its doors in 2019 to students of both the School for the Deaf and the School for the Autism. The school was designed from the ground up with the help of architectural consultants with expertise in the fields of Deafness and autism to serve our unique population of students in the most effective way possible.
Students are able to enjoy independence and experience a wide range of opportunities within the safety and security of a beautiful campus, where they can learn, live and play.
Local students live at home and attend our educational program as day students. Students who live too far away to commute on a daily basis live in our on-site cottages. Residential programming includes life skills, experiential education, community based instruction, recreational activities, and individualized instruction.
- Students who are Deaf or hard of hearing and who are also identified as Emotionally Disturbed or on the Autism Spectrum
- Students from Kindergarten to the age of 21
- Referrals are made by local school districts
Pressley Ridge Schools 2021-22 Health & Safety Plan
PRSD 2022-2023 School Calendar