The Pressley Ridge School for Autism is a Licensed Private Academic School that provides intensive social, behavioral and academic interventions to children ages 6-21 who have autism in Allegheny and surrounding counties.
Our goal is to help each child learn the skills needed to be successful participants in their communities and uncover their full potential.
Giving each student a plan and a purpose.
At Pressley Ridge, we know each student comes to us with a unique mind, background, skill set and personal experience. Our team works alongside your family and child to find the specific evidence-based approaches that will help to build confidence, social growth and motivation to become productive and self-sufficient.
The program’s primary objectives include:
- Utilizing evidenced-based strategies and materials to encourage academic and social progress
- Increasing the child’s ability to engage in sustainable relationships with peers and adults so that he/she may remain a part of his family and community
- Fostering the advancement of appropriate communication skills
- Fostering the child’s independence and ability to move toward life goals by developing life-skills
- Exploring work-related positions and assisting the child with transition to adulthood
- Teaching needed replacement skills so that the child’s behavior will be appropriate and socially acceptable in all settings
- Full-day Extended School Year (ESY) program offered during the summer
A school designed to help your child thrive.
A brand new, state-of-the-art facility opened its doors in 2019 to students of both our School for Autism and School for the Deaf. The school was designed from the ground up with the help of architectural consultants with expertise in the fields of deafness and autism to serve our unique population of students in the most effective way possible.
The new facility is located on our Pittsburgh campus that includes other Pressley Ridge programs, playground areas, an adventure garden and plenty of green space.