The Day School Greensburg is a licensed private academic school offering small class sizes with a high staff-to-student ratio.
Each classroom is supported with a certified special education teacher, a behavioral health specialist, and a home community liaison is also available. Our home community liaison is the link to connect each family to school districts, resources, and outside agencies (e.g., mental health, children and youth services, juvenile court, OVR) to help the youth be successful. Our program provides students with the opportunity to recognize their full academic potential through individualized instruction and support services. We provide instruction in community based learning, social skills, pre-vocational skill development, and extended school year programming. Day School Greensburg will utilize evidence-based strategies to improve academic, social and behavioral progress. Our primary goal is to successfully transition students back to their home school districts equipped with new coping skills, reduced disruptive behavior, and the ability to form healthy/positive relationships.
The on-site Pressley Ridge Family Counseling Center provides students with the ability to receive individual therapy during the school day. This service is funded through the students’ individual insurance. Medication management is also available.
Who do we serve?
- School districts in Westmoreland and surrounding counties.
- Ages 5 to 21
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Behavioral and mental health issues
- Emotional learning support needs
- Licensed by the PA Department of Education as a Private Academic Special Education School
- Licensed for 76 students
- Provides students with the opportunity to recognize their full academic potential through individualized instruction and support services
- Designed with the goal of successfully returning the student to their home school district
- Contracted service to the school districts, families and children
- Our team includes fully-certified Special Education teachers, Behavioral Health Specialists, a Home/Community Liaison, the parents and the student
- Individualized Direct Instruction
- Structured Teaching Method (TEACCH)
- Academic Remediation
- Social Skills Instruction
- Sensory Motor Room
- School to Work Program
- Community Based Learning
- Pre-vocational Skills Development on location
- Individual and Family Therapy
- Extended School Year